Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bad Hair Day

A Bad Hair Day

    In our house in Nakuru we live with George and Nellie and baby Michelle.  There is a house girl named Beatrice who cares for the baby, cleans, does laundry and other assorted jobs and shares a room with Amy and me I..  She is quite shy, does not speak much  English and is extremely curious about us.  She did allow me to give her a hand massage the other night and since then she has been a bit warmer towards me. I did not bring a blow dryer but noticed there was one in our room so I asked if I could borrow it.  At first she said an emphatic “NO” but then nodded that it would be ok.  She came into our room just as I was towel drying my hair and ordered me to “sit”, grabbed the blow dryer and dried my hair.  Oh my, those who know me know how fussy I am about “helmet hair” but folks I went to town with that awful hair….I had bad hair but a good day.  Beatrice I Love You!

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. I'll bet you looked even more beautiful in a spiritual sense on that day. I'm enjoying your updates. I wish I had more time to email all of you but my baby leaves me very little down time right now. I think about you and pray for you all the time though! Love, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the kind of haircut Dad loved to give Anna, Jenny and me! I agree, not your best look.

    Love,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how often "laying your life down" boils down to the simple things like that.

    Bad hair, good memories!

    ReplyDelete