Sunday, September 19, 2010

Barriers

Posted by Picasa
    I have been thinking about barriers today,  It started when Michelle, the beautiful little girl in the picture finally figured out how to open doors.  She has been fumbling with the handles and even started knocking for entrance but today she got it. Why this concerns me is all my worldly goods here in Africa are stored on the bottom bunk in a room with no lock.  This means my computer, contacts, lotions are now available to those sticky fingers of an interested eighteen month old
      Barriers are great for many things.  A bandage keeps germs out of a wound, Screens keep mosquitoes out of the house, gates keep robbers away and a club can keep a thief from stealing your car.     I then started thinking about barriers which are not so good. Barriers  we put up to keep people away from us or from getting too close.  Maybe we have prejudices or attitudes that keep us separate or walled off from other people and then there is unforgivness which not only  separates  us from others but from God as well. Eph 4:32 says And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another even as God in Christ forgave you .
     So my Dear Michelle, climb up on my bunk and we will sing and I will show you pictures of my grandchildren.  I do not want to ever be separated from you .  "Just be careful little hands what you touch,"
.
.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be sure to let Noah know his Grandma's laptop is available for exploration during the week of your visit. Great insights into the positives and negatives of boundaries/barriers.

    Love,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was just sitting at my computer and you came to mind. I went to Rose Creek website hoping to catch a picture of you and Praise the Lord, I found your blog! Are you still in Africa? I see your fav book is The Help - I just finished reading it for the 2nd time. My bookclub just discussed it, too. Great book. My e-mail address is: joanngray@stny.rr.com Of course, you knew me as Jo Ann Bullock!! I would love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete